INTENSE PULSED LIGHT (IPL) THERAPY
VeinsPlus offers Intense Pulsed Light™ (IPL) to safely and effectively treat facial spider veins, rosacea, sun spots, and unwanted hair. Similar to laser technology, intense pulse light technology uses specific wavelengths of light that converts to heat energy upon contact with it's target.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A TREATMENT VISIT
- Protective eyewear is given to the patient.
- A topical anesthetic may be applied to the skin for added comfort during the procedure.
- A cooling gel, which reduces the sensation of heat from the hand piece, is applied to the treatment area.
- The smooth glass surface of the IPL hand piece is placed directly over the treatment area.
- Precisely calibrated light waves, which vary in intensity according to the type of skin, the location of the treatment area and treatment type, and the depth of energy penetration required for optimal results, are emitted by the hand piece.
- Treatment continues over a single, specified area (face, legs, neck, or arms) with a series of brief, even passes.
- After 10 - 20 minutes, the session is complete. The patient may experience a slight redness to the treatment area, which usually disappears in an hour.
- Over a series of treatments (usually 2-6, at 3-4-week intervals) the treatment area becomes clear of unwanted veins.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION