DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS (DVT) SURVEILLANCE
VeinsPlus operates an accredited venonous ultrasound lab that can efficiently evaluate patients suspected of having a deep vein blood clot (thrombus) in their legs.
In addition, VeinsPlus also offers DVT Surveilance for patients that have a history of an acute or chronic clot. DVT Surveilance includes:
- Baseline comprehensive lower extremity ultrasound imaging to determine the stability and age of the clot(s). Periodic serial ultrasound imaging is also used to monitor for clot extension or resolution.
- Determine if it is necessary to be on anticoagulation therapy (if not on one already)
- Monitor appropriate anticoagulation therapy
- Determine if it is safe to discontinue anticoagulation therapy (if already on one)
- Determine if intervention is warranted to try and remove existing clot
REQUEST A CONSULTATION